Thursday, December 17, 2009

Week 12 WebCT - Sex and the City

This week's presentation of Sex and the City was quite enjoyable. As I
mentioned last week, I have gained a new appreciation for the show after
what I've seen in class and what I watched on my own in lieu of the
youtube assignment.

I must say that the show does have a lot more depth to it than I would
have expected at first. As was mentioned in class, the four main women
protagonists seem to represent some aspect of the modern woman. There
is some aspect of every character that, I feel, any woman could relate
to, and the topics discussed in each episode I've seen thus far approach
subject areas that are at times considered taboo (or at the very least
indecent for discussing in public), but more often concern the daily
struggles of the modern working woman. While these four women do belong
to the upper class and thus have problems that vary from the show's
typical audience, I feel they still resonate with women of lower
classes, especially in terms of relationships (which, of course, the
show centers around).

No comments:

Post a Comment